Are you going for a family vacation in Texas, but you don’t know where to start looking?
Well, I definitely cannot blame you! Texas has soo many great family-friendly resorts that it is hard to choose one, especially if you don’t have specific research criteria.
Luckily for you, I have already done the job for you and collected in this post the best family resorts in Texas, dividing them per price range, so you can directly check out the budget category that fits you more.
All the accommodation options mentioned here offer attractions for the whole family, like a lazy river on-site, world-class golf courses, tennis courts, and access to family-friendly activities like horseback riding and water sports… so everyone will be satisfied!
NOTE: When you find the perfect hotel for your holiday, make sure you book it some months in advance so you don’t risk losing the spot, and maybe you also find some great deals.
Now… are you ready for some family fun?
If you are in a hurry
If you just want to quickly book your accommodation, here’s a quick list of the best of the best family resorts in Texas, divided by price range:
Check out this map to know where all the top family resorts in Texas are located:
Luxury (US$370 and up)
- Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa – If you want to spend your family vacation completely nestled in nature, Lost Pines Resort is for you, located near Austin, along the Colorado River. If you want to relax, here you can spend your day chilling at the heated outdoor swimming pools or getting massages at the on-site spa, while if you want to have some family fun, you’ll have access to a waterpark with a lazy river and two-story waterslide, and many outdoor activities on the property’s 405 acres.
- Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas – This family resort, located in Dallas, is perfect if you want to have access to both luxury facilities and cool activities. In fact, the property features 3 swimming pools, a spectacular 18-hole golf course, a game room and a playground, and every day you can try a different sport here, from dodgeball to swimming and yoga. And wait until you see the spacious rooms, all offering luxurious furnishings, private balconies, and stunning views… check out the pictures!
- La Cantera Resort & Spa – Located in Texas Hill Country (San Antonio), a short 20-minute drive from San Antonio International Airport, this luxury resort offers everything you need for a holiday full of comforts. Here you will find 3 infinity swimming pools (among which an adults-only pool), a relaxing hot tub, and a kids pool for the youngest ones, as well as a state-of-the-art fitness center where you can stay in shape after all the delicious food you’ll have on-site… What else do you need?
P.S.: if you want to check out other amazing accommodations in San Antonio, check out our post about the top areas and hotels where to stay in San Antonio!
- Flying L Ranch Resort – Do you have a BIG family, or are you going on a holiday also with other family friends? Then this family-friendly resort in Bandera is what you’re looking for, offering huge houses, villas, and holiday homes hosting up to 22 guests (but there are also deluxe suites for smaller families)! All the stunning accommodations here will give you access to many activities in the surroundings, like golfing, horse riding, tennis, and hiking, as well as a children’s playground on site.
- Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center – If you want to have some real family fun, you will love this resort located right on the shore of Lake Grapevine. Why? Here you will find a 10-acre water park with a lazy river, a 25-foot zip line, fine dining restaurants to have the most delicious dinners, beautiful swimming pools, a world-class spa, and even themed escape rooms. Get ready, you will have a blast here!
- Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa – This is the ultimate family resort if you want to have a luxury vacation and really treat yourself. Located on 4,000 secluded acres, a 20-minute drive from Austin. Here there’s something to do at any time of the day: relaxing at the world-class spa with pools, playing on the championship golf course or at the 10-lit tennis courts, staying fit at the gym, or getting beauty treatments at the Mokara Spa. I warn you, you will never want to leave this place!
Mid Range (US$260 – US$370)
- The Vineyard at Florence – If you and your family are foodies, you will love this hotel in Florence, Texas, featuring gourmet cuisine and is surrounded by gorgeous vineyards. Here you will be welcomed with a complimentary glass of wine upon arrival, and during the rest of your stay, you can join wine tasting or follow picnic paths with the whole family. And to start the day in the best way, don’t forget to have the delicious continental or buffet breakfast served every morning at the property!
- Barons CreekSide Resort – If you want to have a quiet and peaceful getaway, this family-friendly resort in Fredericksburg is for you, conveniently located just a short drive to several wineries and the stunning Enchanted Rock State Natural Area! The property offers many facilities for a comfy holiday such as an on-site restaurant, free private parking (so you can explore the surrounding area whenever you want), a tranquil garden, and a relaxing full-service spa… What else could you ask for?
- The Woodlands Resort – This is not only one of the top 10 resorts in Texas (on Travel & Leisure’s World’s Best list) but also one of the best kid-friendly resorts, offering things to do for the entire family. Located on the 200-acre Lake Woodland, this amazing property offers a fun water park with a Lazy River, a golf course, and many activities on-site, like biking, hiking, bowling, karaoke, laser tag, and water sports such as kayaking… your kids will be super happy here!
- Cooper Hotel Conference Center & Spa – If you are going on a family holiday but don’t want to renounce your healthy lifestyle, this hotel in Dallas is for you! In fact, the property offers everything for an ultimate wellness retreat: a 50,000-square-foot fitness center with an outdoor track, tennis courts, and heated swimming pool, and a full-service spa with charming wood furnishings. And for the best food, go to the on-site restaurant: Cedars Woodfire Grill, serving light, healthy meals the whole day!
- Lively Beach – Looking for a place where to spend a family holiday on the beach? Then stop here! This Texas resort is located in Corpus Christi, right on the beach, and offers modern, spacious suites fully equipped with a kitchen, a private balcony, and a terrace… so you will feel at home! Staying here will also mean that you’ll have access to an outdoor pool with stunning sea views, a tranquil garden, and free private parking, so you can reach the nearby beaches in just a few minutes driving!
- The Springs – If you want to completely disconnect from the hustle and bustle of city life, this family-friendly hotel in Leakey is what you’re looking for! Nestled in a green area, the property offers cozy cabins and rooms with air conditioning, private balconies, and barbecue facilities, so you can cook delicious dinners with your beloved ones. And during the day you can just relax at the outdoor swimming pool, play ping pong or go fishing in the surrounding area!
Budget (up to US$260)
- The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center – The San Luis Resort, located on Galveston Island among 32 miles of beaches, offers luxury amenities for very reasonable prices, perfect for families who don’t want to spend a fortune but still have an exclusive experience! In fact, here, you will have access to a luxurious pool with a swim-up bar and a nearby plunge pool, plus many delicious restaurants on site. And just outside the resort, you will find a massive waterpark, a museum and beautiful beaches.
- Carter Creek Winery Resort & Spa – Located in Johnson City, this family resort offers spacious villas and suites in a very quiet setting and great value for the price! The property is perfect for families who want to unwind and relax, offering a great on-site restaurant serving delicious wine and food with live music, an outdoor swimming pool, a sun terrace where you can chill and sunbathe, and a fitness center for the more active ones.
- Horseshoe Bay Resort – If you love outdoor sports, this scenic resort located on the shores of Lake Travis (in the Texas Hill Country) is for you, offering soo many fun activities for visitors of all ages. In fact, here, you can ride bikes, play golf or tennis at the on-site courses, join wine tours, go kayaking on the lake and even gaze at wildlife and reptiles at the Birds of the Bay Show and Tortoise Connection.
- Hilton Dallas/Rockwall Lakefront Hotel – If you want to save some money during your holiday in Texas, this family-friendly hotel might be what you’re looking for. The property is located in the Harbor District, a short walk from many shopping centers, restaurants and entertainment options. Here the rooms are modern and spacious, featuring technological amenities like flat-screen TVs and MP3-compatible radios and hosting up to 4 guests.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites – Check out this affordable hotel with a convenient location in South Padre Island, just a 5-minute walk from the Gulf of Mexico shores, and great family rooms! Here you will wake up with a buffet breakfast served daily at the property, work out at the fitness center, chill at the beautiful outdoor pool and cook your dinner with the on-site BBQ facilities… What else do you need?
- Canyon Lakeview Resort – If you want to stay on a budget during your family vacation in Texas, check out this beachfront resort located in Canyon Lake, featuring suites and cabins with access to a private beach area. But the property has many other facilities to offer, like free private parking, water sports and barbecue facilities, a sun terrace, and even a business center for guest use… check out the pictures, you will love it!
FAQs about Texas family resorts
👪 Which are the best family resorts in Texas?
👍 Is Texas good for family vacations?
Yes, Texas offers many outdoor activities to enjoy with the family, like horseback riding, biking, hiking, fishing, kayaking in the many lakes etc., as well as several family-friendly attractions like the Big Bend National Park.
💵 Which are the best family resorts in Texas to stay on a budget?
👑 Which are the best family resorts in Texas for luxury?
❄️ Which is the best family resort in Texas for winter?
The best family resort to stay in Texas during winter is La Cantera Resort & Spa, located in the Texas Hill Country (San Antonio), a short drive from San Antonio Airport, offering round-year heated pools and a full-service spa.
Can you believe it? We are at the end of this extensive guide with the best family resorts in Texas, for different interests and price ranges.
We saw many great accommodations offering access to fun family attractions like a water park with a lazy lake, tennis courts, volleyball courts and golf courses, and family-friendly activities like horseback riding and kayaking.
So… which family resort is your favorite one? If you’re still undecided, I really cannot blame you! We went through soo many good options that are hard to choose! Let me give you my 2 absolute favorite kid-friendly resorts… I hope it will help you:
- Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort – This is one of the best family-friendly resorts if you’re looking for a luxury holiday in Texas, featuring a water park with a lazy river
- The Vineyard – Located in Hill Country, this mid-range hotel is surrounded by gorgeous vineyards and offers gourmet cuisine and family-friendly rooms.
If you like them as much as I do, don’t forget to reserve something immediately, or at least some months in advance… rooms get booked out quite fast and you might lose the spot!
I hope you found this guide helpful and enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it for you, and if you have any questions or hotel tips for me, please share them in the comments below, I am looking forward to answering you.
Have an amazing family getaway!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!