Natural hot springs, gorgeous landscapes, and lots of hiking trails! Yep, Pagosa Springs sounds like a wonderful location. If you’re planning a trip there, come along with me on this mini-virtual journey to discover where to stay in Pagosa Springs!
Downtown is the best area to stay, where you’ll find amazing hotels, numerous natural hot springs, and other attractions. But we’re not done! This town has 3 more incredible areas for relaxation, winter activities, and families; North Pagosa Springs, near Wolf Creek Ski Area, and Pagosa Lakes.
Plenty to go around! And since there are so many incredible accommodations here, I decided to make a bonus section with some beautiful VRBOs with hot tubs.
Alrighty! Before we start our journey, I want to remind everyone how important it is to book your hotels in advance! This town is super popular with tourists, and the prices usually go up the closer you book your dates.
Having said that, I guess we’re ready to start!
If you are in a hurry
Don’t worry if you’ve got no time to read the post! Have a look at the shortlist below, which has the best hotels in Pagosa Springs, southwest Colorado:
Elktrace Bed and Breakfast
An Airbnb with amazing reviews
High Creek Lodge
Best affordable accommodation in the center
Make sure you check out this map that will help you visualize all the areas where to stay in Pagosa Springs, Colorado, that I’ll talk about in this post:
1. Downtown – where to stay in Pagosa Springs for the first time
The perfect location to stay in Pagosa Springs for those of you who want to be within walking distance of all the hot spots in town!
This area has lots of hot springs but also restaurants, bars, and some attractions that you should check out while in town! While you’re here, you might also consider taking a short trip to see Santa Fe’s natural beauty and historic homes, the town is around 3h away from Pagosa Springs.
Although it’s a small town, you’ll probably see the most tourists around downtown Pagosa Springs, as it offers easy access to all the other parts of Pagosa Springs. Plus, it has some of the best resorts and amazing views of the San Juan River.
By the way, I recommend booking in advance (no matter which area you pick) since Pagosa Springs, Colorado is super popular with travelers who want to spend a relaxing holiday bathing in the natural springs.
Now let’s find you the perfect resort!
Get ready to relax at this fabulous resort that has all the amenities you need, including some fabulous rooms, hot springs, and a swimming pool! Offering a great location in Downtown Pagosa Springs, the resort comes with gorgeous views and a yummy breakfast!
Other accommodation options in Downtown
Ideally located in the central area, this hotel offers a swimming pool, indoor hot baths, and family suites
An affordable place that has family suites, and lots of amenities, including an outdoor fire pit
A lovely place that’s perfect for 2 to 3 guests and which has an indoor fireplace and a fully-equipped kitchen
Things to do in Downtown
- Shop for souvenirs at the Humane Society Thrift Store
- Grab a bite at Alley House Grille
- Take the whole family to Pagosa Springs Town Park
- Go kayaking on the San Juan River
- Relax at Nathan’s Hippy Dip Hot Spring
- Explore the Reservoir Hill Park
2. North Pagosa Springs – best place for relaxation
Need a place where you can relax and enjoy some peace and quiet? Then North Pagosa Springs, Colorado, is for you!
Whether you’re coming with the whole family, friends, or partner, this area is perfect as it offers so much raw nature, lots of hiking places, and great hotels!
It’s true, you won’t be as close to downtown Pagosa Springs (it takes around 10 min by car to get there), but at least you’ll be super far away from the crowds and get to enjoy some moments of complete solitude and the quiet!
The scenery is absolutely incredible here! If you’re lucky enough, you may even find a hotel that has an outdoor deck that overlooks the San Juan mountain range!
So if you like spending time in the great outdoors and hiking, definitely check out the hotels in North Pagosa Springs!
Relax in the sauna or hot tub of this fabulous accommodation that has spacious suites equipped with lots of amenities like a flat-screen TV, a seating area, and a fireplace. Start your morning with a yummy breakfast, and then head out to explore the area!
Other accommodation options in North Pagosa Springs
This pet-friendly place to stay in Pagosa Springs has spacious rooms with mountain views
Guests will love this affordable lodge that offers a quiet setting, family rooms, and free parking
A stunning home set right by the lake that has a kitchen, a little patio, and an outdoor hot tub
Things to do in North Pagosa Springs
3. Near Wolf Creek Ski Area – where to stay for winter sports
The area around Wolf Creek Ski Resort is perfect for those who are visiting Pagosa Springs, Colorado, during the winter!
Why? Well, you’ll be super close to the ski slopes, and you’ll get to admire those stunning mountain views all day long! What can be better than spending a cozy morning or night when outside it’s cold and snowing?
As you can imagine, the area around Wolf Creek Ski Resort is not so close to Downtown Pagosa Springs. It takes around 30 min to get there by car, but hey, at least you can enjoy some incredible days disconnected from everything and just immersing in the beautiful nature!
Plus, you can always take a day to head there if you want to explore Downtown Pagosa Springs or the rest of the town.
Now let’s check out the resorts here!
Unfortunately, there are no luxury hotels in the Wolf Creek Ski area. I did find some other great places, but if you’ve got your heart set on staying in a more expensive place, then check out Elktrace Bed and Breakfast in North Pagosa Springs.
Other accommodation options in Wolf Creek Ski Area
Set right by the lake, this lodge offers spacious rooms with a kitchen, a hot tub, and a picnic area
You’ll love this place which comes with comfy beds, cooking facilities, and an outdoor fire pit
A lovely cabin that’s surrounded by trees and that has an outdoor hot tub and a gas fireplace
Things to do in Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Hit the slopes all day long
- Grab a hot drink at Continental Espresso Bar
- Enjoy the beautiful mountain views
- Go hiking around the Wolf Creek Pass Trailhead
4. Pagosa Lakes – best place for families
Heading to Pagosa Springs with the whole family? Then check out this area which I feel like it’ll be perfect for you!
Surrounding the beautiful Pagosa Lake, this neighborhood has a more residential feel to it! It’s not as touristic as Downtown Pagosa Lake or Wolf Creek Ski Area, but you’ll still find plenty of fun things to do here, from paddleboarding to kayaking!
The atmosphere is super relaxed, and since you’re pretty far from the crowds, you’ll get to enjoy some moments of tranquility!
It’s true, you won’t find many restaurants or bars here, but a quick run to the town center will solve that.
Now let’s check out the hotels!
Such a fabulous place to stay in Pagosa Springs that offers access to hiking, skiing and has lots of cool amenities. Enjoy a quiet morning in your room, then head out for breakfast and hit the tennis court or golf course or relax by the outdoor pool.
Other accommodation options in Pagosa Lakes
This great hotel offers family rooms, an indoor swimming pool, a fitness center, and bikes to rent out
A cheap hotel that comes with family suites with a seating area, a free breakfast, and a terrace
This gorgeous lakefront house has multiple rooms, a kitchen, and a furnished patio where you can relax
Things to do in Pagosa Lakes
- Go kayaking or paddleboarding
- Explore the area on a morning walk
- Head downtown to visit the attractions
- Spend a whole day hiking or rent a mountain bike
BONUS: Best VRBOs with hot tubs
I know you’ll relax as much as you can in the natural hot springs while visiting the town, but if you want to do that at any given time in the comfort of your own accommodation, then this bonus section is for you!
Here you’ll find some of the best vacation rentals with hot tubs in Pagosa Springs, which I ordered from most to least expensive so that you can easily pick your favorite. The prices start from US$210 to US$620:
- Stylish Home – Wake up to a stunning view of the mountains while staying at this gorgeous accommodation that has room for 6 people. The house is equipped with a fitness center, a spa tub, a kitchen, and a lounge area with a fireplace.
- Hilltop House – Enjoy your coffee on the terrace of this amazing home that can fit up to 6 people! Offering views of the San Juan Mountain Range, this accommodation is perfect for travelers who want to explore the great outdoors, relax in the spa tub and spend a few days in a peaceful spot!
- Historic Home – History lovers, I think you’ll really like staying in this place! This historic home has a really cool design, and it offers spacious suites, a spa tub, and a fabulous location in the downtown area. The accommodation has room for 8 people and a little patio where you can relax!
- Spacious Cabin – Tucked away between the trees, this amazing cabin has space for 8 people, and it comes with some gorgeous views! During your holiday, you can relax in the spa tub or by the fireplace, go hiking, and spend a night stargazing!
- Modern House – If you’re looking for a place that has more modern decor, then have a look at this accommodation that has a great location in the downtown area. The house has room for 6 people, and it offers a spa tub, a pool, and a kitchen.
FAQs about where to stay in Pagosa Springs
♨️ Are there free hot springs in Pagosa Springs?
🔝 Which is the best area to stay in Pagosa Springs?
Downtown is probably one of the best places to stay in Pagosa Springs as it is close to the hot springs and all the other attractions, and it has great hotels like Healing Waters Resort.
🌳 Why is Pagosa Springs popular?
This beautiful town is super popular because it has natural hot springs, stunning landscapes, festivals, and lots of things to do all year round.
🤔 How many hot springs are in Pagosa?
There are around 24 hot springs in this Colorado town!
💰 How much does a hotel cost in Pagosa Springs?
The average nightly price for a luxury hotel is US$300; for a mid-range one is US$200, and for a budget one is US$150.
What a gorgeous destination you’ve picked for your trip!
I do hope that now that we’ve seen which are the best places where to stay in Pagosa Springs and also some great accommodations with a hot tub, you’ll know which area or hotel to pick!
Just remember that usually, the prices go up if you book closer to your traveling dates. That’s why I recommend securing your place as fast as you can.
And if you’re still having second doubts about which hotels to choose, then have a look at my 2 favorite ones below:
- Elktrace Bed and Breakfast – One of the best hotels in town that comes with a rustic design, rooms with a fireplace, and a sauna.
- Healing Waters Resort – Relax in the hot spring bath of this amazing hotel which offers a spa center and lots of fun activities like horse riding.
I’ve had such a great time telling you all about these Pagosa Springs hotels. But I know that it’s impossible to include everything in one blog post, so if you’ve still got some questions on this destination in southwest Colorado, just drop me a comment below, and I’ll answer as soon as I can!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!